Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Predator!

There's nothing quite like a treasure hunt. I used to dig through the records at thrift stores in hopes of finding some hit albums or campy artwork. It's been a while since I've done so, as I am trying to downsize.

I refound this gem while doing some spring cleaning. The band: Predator. The album: Easy Prey.


There some creepy lurker on the front in a super shredded shirt and a stocking over his head. Awesome! The bleach-blonde, bikini clad babe? Classic 80s. Also note the guy in the lineup.


Now, I can't say I agree with the outcome of this event. I would have hoped that maybe he was carrying her away into the sunset, but she looks a bit limp. And the knife? Was it really necessary?

I'd say the best part about this record is that it's local. That's totally the Hermosa Pier. Thanks to the people at Metal Blade records for producing something so cheesy.


I'm pretty sure that Predator is not still renting P.O. Box 843 in Hermosa 24 years after this album. But I can dream can't I? I have to give this record a listen (and find all the parts to my record player). Maybe I'll find the best song ever.

Big thanks to Carrie for making the pictures happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment