Monday, August 31, 2009

I Left My Brain in San Francisco - Part 2: Food is Pretty





Did I mention food-centric? Christina and I started at the farmers' market at the Ferry Building on Saturday.


Chilaquiles? Check
Crab cake sandwich? Yes please
.



A little break was necessary after ingesting all of that food. Thankfully we had a nice view of the Bay Bridge.

Somehow, even though I felt I was unnecessarily full, I managed to eat some raw oysters at Ferry Plaza Seafood. This was all washed down with some of SF's finest beer: Anchor Steam. PS - Check out the Anchor Steam Brewery Tour. I've been in the past. Totally worth it.

Oysters. Who knew they were so tasty?

After some cardio (aka shopping) we cabbed it to the Mission to check out a food festival. Yes, it is entirely possible to imagine eating more. We managed to see this bike posse twice! Maybe they stopped and had cocktails, too. The food festival was actually pretty lame, so we went to the Front Porch to indulge in some shrimp and grits, cornbread and all sorts of other tasty treats and cocktails. After that, I powered through my power nap. So much for a big night out in SF.






Sunday involved a little trip to the ballpark...




a good laugh at the Segway Tour...

Christina's charcuterie setup...

...and a nightcap of some Bi-Rite salted caramel ice cream and watermelon beer at the 21st Amendment.
Thanks to Christina, Kirk and Chase for taking me around all weekend. I love your city!

No comments:

Post a Comment