Monday, November 9, 2009

Rosario Sylvan Hearts Mayor Hawthorne

I heard a song playing on the radio or something early this summer, but didn't have the luxury of the Shazam application (or a fancy phone which would have said application) when I heard it. I just committed it to memory as being one of the best hip hop songs I'd heard in a while and knew I'd one day find it.

Thankfully kcrw started playing the song in September, so I finally figured it out. Mayer Hawthorne's "Just Ain't Gonna Work Out" is beyond rad and even better live. Lazy me was saved a trip to, well just about anywhere, when he came to my town to play at Saint Rocke back in October. Lucky me even got free tickets for knowing the Mayer Hawthorne generator. Take your middle name and the street you grew up on and you're good to go.

What a show. The County was on point! If you like hip hop, soul and just good music, go see Mayer Hawthorne and the County!


Swoon!

So sometimes Hermosa doesn't suck. What a relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment